Quad/Graphics Digital Print Services Auxiliary Machine Operator in Midland, Michigan
A leading global provider of print and media solutions, Quad/Graphics is powered by a passion for innovation and the most advanced platform in the industry. Our collaborative team of “can-do” people continually challenge the status quo, creating groundbreaking solutions that push the boundaries of communications.
Quad/Graphics is currently seeking a full-time Auxiliary Machine Operator (Cutter, Stitcher, Binder, UV Coater, Folder) to work in the Digital Print Services Department in our Midland, Michigan facility.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform responsible manual and machine operator tasks in the set-up, maintenance & operations of cutter, binder, stitcher, UV coater and folder.
• Complete all paperwork including Consumption/assignment of all load flags at end of job.
• Read and interpret job instructions accurately and consistently.
• Routing, staging, and documenting of product moved from machine using QWMS (Manufacturing) system.
• Uses Job Ticket and/or Binding Guide and examples to verify the customer’s specifications.
• Machine guards in place and guard inspection sheet signed off before starting up any machine.
• Performs routine maintenance, cleaning, and lubrication.
• Constantly monitors product quality while in production.
• Notifies Digital Print Services Supervisor immediately about any quality issues, shortages, high spoilage, safety concerns or down equipment.
• Performs Machine Make-ready.
• Performs first piece inspection and all work in process procedures.
• Communicate verbally and in writing with co-workers going off duty and coming on duty to ensure consistent quality and efficient production.
• Able to work overtime on a needed basis.
• Other tasks as requested by supervisor, department, or management.
• Familiarity with Horizon BQ 470 Binder, Horizon 5500 Stitchliner, TEC Lighting UV coater or Baum folder is desired
• Excellent attendance record
• Excellent safety record and work habits
• Satisfactory job performance in current position
• Positive attitude and team player (able to work with others)
• Self-starter, able to work unsupervised
• Able to work any shift and work overtime as needed