Quad/Graphics Large Format Sheetfed First Machine Operator - 2nd or 3rd shift in New Berlin, Wisconsin
Tempt™ In-Store Productions is a Quad/Graphics company that produces in-store signage, point of purchase displays and large-format graphics. We put our retail expertise, creativity and world-class printing and finishing capabilities to work for our customers. We also integrate other Quad/Graphics solutions to help our customers develop multichannel campaigns that capture attention and drive sales.
Large Format Sheetfed First Press Operator
Job Description Quad/Graphics is currently seeking a Large Format Sheetfed First Press Operator to work in our Tempt In-Store Productions facility at Glendale Drive in New Berlin, WI.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• First Press Operator position on a KBA 6 color UV large format press.
• Operate and maintain press and all auxiliary equipment while guiding team to meet and maintain
customer quality requirements, production standards and productivity goals
• Maintain the press in a safe and sound condition.
• Perform regular maintenance and up keep of the press.
• Check and maintain proper ink, substrate and appropriate levels of supplies around the press.
• Manage register control, color match, and rule up of sheet.
• Responsible for maintaining quality of product produced off press.
• Read and understand job tickets. Maintain accurate and timely production records.
(i.e. job data collection, material use, etc.)
Qualifications Successful candidates will have the following: • A minimum of 3 years Press Operator experience, working in a P-O-P production environment a plus. • A working familiarity with running heavy board, plastics and other unusual substrates. • Experience with both conventional and UV inks and coatings. • Able to set and run a press feeder. • Must have some understanding of color theory. Ability to pass a color test is required. • Good mechanical aptitude with experience in operation, trouble-shooting and maintenance of press equipment. • Must be reliable and able to work overtime as required. • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and basic computer skills. • Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methodology. • Able to work with and effectively communicate with clients at Press OK's.
This is a Third Shift position: Sunday - Thursday with overtime and weekend work as required.