Quad/Graphics Die Cutter Operator in Woburn, Massachusetts
Our Commercial Specialty team specializes in creative, innovative print solutions that set our customers’ marketing materials apart from the competition. From initial concept through delivery, we create stand-out print materials that delight and engage the target audience, increase response rates and amplify our customers’ brand.
Quad/Graphics is looking for a Die Cutter Operator for the Woburn, MA location.
The Die Cutter Machine Operator efficiently performs set-up and operates machines that die cut blank and/or pre-printed stock. Responsibilities include confirmation of accuracy and completeness of order, dies, set-up and installation, paper stock, and the load and feed of paper, and the effectiveness and accuracy of cutting, staging completed work per instructions, and area maintenance. This position starts on nights and will work a 12 hour shift on a 2-2-2-3 schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Follow all Company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as take actions that support team work, safety, contamination control, efficiency and good housekeeping.
• Know and abide by all Standard Operating Procedures.
• Follow the pre-production, make ready, and production run tasks.
• Operate powered equipment
• Occasionally train workers on the Die Cutting Machine operations, including the feeding and take off functions.
• Ensure the work area is clean, and that non-conforming, over-runs, and/or waste are delivered to the appropriate repository.
• Cross-train as assigned
• Follow and adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment rules and regulations
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned
• Possess a High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent education and/or training
• Be able to perform work related math functions (which includes the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide)
• Be familiar with production and processing
• Have sufficient skill and experience with troubleshooting
• Must be able to multi-task
• Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
• Have the ability to stand long hours, stop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb and use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement
• Good verbal and written comprehension, with ability to receive and follow instructions
• Ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans, holidays, vacations and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace